If you experience any problems either registering for the defensive driver course at this website or accessing and progressing through a course already registered, technical support is available to help.
Please note that technical support for this site is not provided by your insurance agency. Contacting your agency for technical help will only result in your agency directing you to this page in order to follow the instructions provided here. You will save time and frustration by following the instructions on this page.
Before you contact us for technical support, please make sure that you have reviewed the common questions and issues section below. This contains instructions for quick and simple things you can do immediately that will fix 99% of the problems experienced using this site.
Also before contacting support make sure that you are using this site with a supported web browser and that you have reviewed the information below and made every effort to correct issues noted in the content below.
- Both PC and Apple operating systems are supported and well as Linux and Android for tablets. (YES: smart phones ARE supported
- The following web browsers are supported. Click the name if you wish to download this web browser for free: Google Chrome – Mozilla Firefox – Microsoft Edge – Apple Safari
- This site and the defensive driver course should work fine on your Android or Apple operating system based tablet or notebook computer and smart phone (Android phone and Android tablets + iPhone and iPad)
How to Fix the Most Common Problems
1. Site Does Not Load – Freezes or Will Not Advance: For all problems associated with or related to this site or a defensive driver course page freezing up or refusing to advance or load try the following: (This includes any issues with any part of the course not loading, displaying or appearing correctly) (try each suggestion in order)
- Reload or refresh the browser page.
- Logout of your account, close the browser, then re-open your browser and return to the site. Login and access the course again and attempt to proceed from where you left off.
- Logout and close the browser, reboot the computer, open the browser and return to the site. Login to your account, open the course and resume progress.
- If none of the above works – follow the instructions below to contact technical support.
2. Demonstration Video – How This Site and the Course Work.
The video below provides details and a complete demonstration about the defensive driver course and how this site and the course work. Watch to see a full demonstration, this will answer most questions about how your register for and complete the course.
CLICK BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO
3. Registration Does Not Work: Student Registration Form Completed and “Place Order” Button Clicked BUT Nothing Happens – The Site Does Not Advance to Your Student Account
Sometimes due to individual browser security settings the site may fail to automatically log you into your new account and forward you to the student account dashboard from which you can access your course. If when you complete the course registration form and click to submit it the site does not advance to the student dashboard and instead just scrolls back up to the top of the page or seems to do nothing , try this –
At the top right side of the blue header navigation bar, click where it says “My Account”. If the account login screen is shown, try to log into the account using your email address as the login ID and the password you defined on the checkout page.
Watch a short video on how to solve this issue:
4. “Sign Up Now Buttons are Missing: If you are unable to register for the course because the “Add to Cart” or “Sign Up Now” buttons are not present or do not work when you click them:
- Click on “Logout” in the site header and when you have completely logged out, return to the home page and the buttons should work fine. Also you may try clicking “My Account” in the site header and if this takes you to an account dashboard page, click logout and when logged out return to the home page and click a button to register.
This problem is caused due to logic coded into this site. Each individual is only allowed to take the defensive driver course once every 3 years. So if you have already registered for a course, you cannot register for the same course again within 3 years. (NOTE: The exception is the ability to “Reset the Course” so you can take it again — see below for details and instructions for this) Once you have registered for a course, your web browser will save the details for your course account and whenever you come back to this page you will be automatically logged into your account. When you are logged into an account, the buttons that are typically clicked on the site in order to proceed with registering for a course are disabled. This is simply because if you have already registered for the course, you cannot register for the course again.
This problem typically comes up when 2 people seek to take the course using the same computer. For example, a husband and wife both want to take the course and they share a home computer. The husband takes the course first and all goes well. Then the wife sits down at the computer and comes to the site to register. But none of the Sign Up Now buttons for course registration work and so the wife cannot register. This happens because the web browser is automatically logging into the husbands account and then preventing the husband from registering for a course they have already registered for. The solution is simple – log out of the husbands account. Once logged out, all of the buttons leading to course registration will work correctly.
5. Cannot Log Into Account: Tips for problems trying to log into an account:
The only account credentials that will function for this site are login ID’s and passwords created for this site. Please keep in mind that this free defensive driver course is being provided to you by your insurance agency – not by your insurance carrier. So if you have an online account with your insurance company, you cannot access a course by logging in with your account credentials from that company. Once you have registered an account – you will never need to register again. Simply click “Account Login” in the header to get a login screen and enter your email address as the login ID and the password you defined at registration.
6. Registration Trouble: Tips for problems trying to register a new student account:
Make sure that the information in the site header correctly matches your insurance agent. If there was an error with the link you clicked, the site you arrived at may contain incorrect agency details or have other errors in how the site looks. Any errors can prevent proper new course registrations. If you note any errors in the page you arrived at to take the course, please follow the instructions below to contact support and make sure to forward to us the email you received from your agent with the link you clicked to arrive at the site.
7. How to Return to Your Account and Pick Up the Course Where You Left Off
You may leave the course and return again as many times as you wish. You can take some of the course on your computer while completing other sections on your smart phone or tablet device. Any way that works best for you – We support it!
To return to the course and pick back up where you left off just follow the step by step instructions below:
- – Return to the correct course site. The best way to do this is to use the link your insurance agent sent you via email. Just locate the email in your inbox and click the link to return to your agents course site.
- When you arrive at your agents course page, just click “Account Login” in the blue navigation bar in the site header. This will take you to the account login screen where you can enter your email address as the login ID and the password you set when you first registered for the course.
- If you have forgotten your password – click the “Lost Password” link on the login screen. This will send you an email with a link to use to reset your password. If you do not see the email, check you spam or junk mail folder!
- When you have logged into your course account – from the dashboard just click the My Course link and then click through to the last course unit that has not been completed.
Please watch this short video demo on how to return to your account and start the course again where you left off previously:
8. Taking the Course Again. It has been over 2 years since I took the course and I need to take it again in order to keep my insurance discount. How can I take the course again if I have previously completed the course?
Taking the course again when you have previously completed the course is very easy. Simply follow the step by step instructions below and watch the video for a full demonstration of exactly how you do this.
- Return to your insurance agents course page. This is best done by simply clicking the link in the email you agent sent you about the course.
- At your agents course page, click “Account Login” in the site header. This takes you to the login screen.
- Enter you email address for the login ID and the password you set when you first registered.
- If you do not remember your password, on the Login screen click the “Lost Password” link and follow the instructions
- When you have logged into your account – click the yellow “Reset Course” button
The video below shows a complete demonstration for exactly how to reset your course so you can take it again!
Contacting Technical Support
If the above suggestions do not correct the problem(s) you are experiencing, please contact technical support by sending an email with details of your issue to:
When you contact us for technical support, please make sure to include the following details:
- Your First and Last name as it appears on your drivers license
- Your email address used when you registered for the course (or the email you wish to use if you have not been able to register)
- The type of device you are using to access the course (PC? Mac? iPad? Android Tablet?) and which web browser you are using.
- Your account details – login ID and password (if you have been able to register)
- The name of your insurance agency and the web address (URL) for the page where you are trying to register or login to an account. If you are having problems registering for the course please forward to us the email you received from your insurance agent that contains the link you clicked to arrive at this site.
- Complete details explaining the exact problem you are having. The more details you can provide, the faster we can correct the problem.
PLEASE: Make sure to describe your issue with as much detail as possible when you email support. We need to fully understand the problem in order to provide an accurate solution.
GOOD EXAMPLE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: “I was able to complete the registration page and clicked to Place Order but then the site was just stuck and did not do anything. What do I do next”? This tells us exactly where the problem occurred and describes the problem. This gives us what we need to test the issue and diagnose a solution.
BAD EXAMPLE PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: “The site is broken, I cannot find the course”? This tells us nothing except that you are having a problem. Our reply to this type of support request will simply be for more information as this does not give us anything to test or diagnose.
KEEP THIS IN MIND: If the brakes on your car were making a grinding noise when you pressed on the brake pedal and the brakes were not working as well as they typically do, when you took the car to a shop for repair what would you tell the mechanic? You wouldn’t say “the car is broken”, toss him the keys and walk away. You would tell him the brakes are making a bad noise and not working correctly so he would have some clue about where to start fixing your car. PLEASE APPROACH TECH SUPPORT THE SAME WAY. Tell us what is wrong and why you cannot proceed. Then we can provide better help.